How do you listen with your heart? For one small boy, the heart’s language is the only one he knows. With his heart he can speak to animals, trees, and creatures of the sea. But he cannot be understood by the people around him, even those who love him most — his mother and father. One day, when he is feeling sad and alone, he is visited by a magical blue bird. With the bird’s encouragement, the boy finds a way to make himself heard. And when his parents try to speak the boy’s language, they are finally able to express their love, and truly communicate with the shared language of the heart. This lyrical story of love and understanding will speak to anyone whose life has been touched by an exceptional child.
- ISBN: 9780786818488
- Author: Yamanaka, Lois-Ann
- Illustrator: Jasinski, Aaron
- Published: 2005 , Hyperion Book CH
- Themes: Communication, families, Magic, mutism
- Descriptors: Oceania, Picture Book, Primary (ages 6-9)
- No. of pages: 32