We Can Promote Global Literature Together
In our center, you’ll find a magical place–a place where lives change, thanks to the power of books. With over 40,000 texts, Worlds of Words: Center of Global Literacies and Literatures holds the largest collection of global literature for children and young adults in the United States. Additionally, we house original art from published picturebooks. Through our programs, we plan to take this exceptional collection to the next level. Your help can make journeys through story worlds possible for every student.
Your gift will help us serve students in the UArizona College of Education as well as educators, families, and the greater community. Our outreach programs to promote global literature include:
- Language and Culture Kits and Global Story Boxes that are loaned to local schools.
- Three free online academic journals and other publications on current topics facing the global community.
- Events for schools, families, teens, and the larger community.
- Free professional development workshops, conferences, institutes, and lectures for educators.
Contact the Director of Development at 520.621.3413 or email@example.com. You can also make your gift on-line through the University of Arizona Foundation. Once there, you will get a screen similar to this:
* Your gift of $50 could buy an entire set of books in our multi-copy room, which relieves the Children’s Literature students of the burden of purchasing required reading.
* Your gift of $100 could replenish our stash of educational supplies used by students, instructors, and visitors. This includes materials from our Language and Culture Kits.
* Your gift of $250 could supply all the materials for one cycle of our Teen Reading Ambassadors or Middle School Ambassadors literature discussions and author events.
* Your gift of $500 could fund a guest speaker for the Children’s Literature students or a school bus for area schools’ students to visit the Center for a field trip.
* Your gift of $1000 could get us close to the purchase of an original illustration from a published picturebook to add to our expanding art collection.
* Your gift of $5000 could fund an exhibit for an entire semester. All our exhibits are free and open to the public and include hands-on activities.
Once you’ve entered the amount of your gift to the Worlds of Words Center, complete the rest of the form and click the “Give Now” button. You’re on your way to being a part of our promise and commitment to opening books and changing the world for children!