Kylie is nervous about visiting her grandmother-her Amah-who lives SO FAR AWAY.
When she and Mama finally go to Taipei, Kylie is shy with Amah. Even though they have spent time together in video chats, those aren’t the same as real life. And in Taiwan, Kylie is at first uncomfortable with the less-familiar language, customs, culture, and food. However, after she is invited by Amah-Lái kàn kàn! Come see!-to play and splash in the hot springs (which aren’t that different from the pools at home), Kylie begins to see this place through her grandmother’s eyes and sees a new side of the things that used to scare her. Soon, Kylie is leading her Amah-Come see! Lái kàn kàn!-back through all her favorite parts of this place and having SO MUCH FUN! And when it is time to go home, the video chats will be extra special until they can visit faraway again.
Featured in WOW Review Volume XV, Issue 2.
- ISBN: 9781547607211
- Author: Chiu Greanias, Margaret
- Illustrator: Subisak, Tracy
- Published: 2022 , Bloomsbury Children's Books
- Themes: Family life, Grandparents, Voyages and travel
- Descriptors: Americas, Database, Early Years (ages 2-6), Picture Book, United States
- No. of pages: 40