WOW Stories: Connections from the Classroom is a regular on-line publication of WOW containing vignettes written by classroom educators about children’s experiences reading and responding to literature in the classroom setting.
Introduction and Editors’ Note
Tracy Smiles, Western Oregon University
Mary Fahrenbruck, New Mexico State University
Interview with Mary Wong
Heidi Bacon, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Translanguaging in Picturebooks
Esther Eng-Tsang, Active Learning Elementary School, Flushing, New York.
Ted Kesler, Queens College, City University of New York (CUNY).
Meaghan Reilly, Flushing, New York.
Reading and Writing Transactionally and Critically through Alternative Texts
Chuck Jurich, University of North Carolina, Wilmington.
Teacher Educators Engage Pre-service Teachers with The 57 Bus
Tami Morton, Texas A & M University-Commerce.
Alexandra Babino, Texas A & M University-Commerce.
Erratum (May 02, 2019)
Corrections were made to the article “Translanguaging in Picturebooks” by Esther Eng-Tsang, Ted Kesler, and Meaghan Reilly:
- The paragraph after Figure 2 beginning, “Jeremy, one of Esther’s students…” was changed to “Jeremy, one of Meaghan’s students…” to reflect accuracy.
- A period was added at the end of the phrase “For names and terms of endearment, especially if that is how you call someone” in the WHAT and WHY column of Table 1.
- Meaghan Reilly’s bio line was changed to “Meaghan Reilly is a second and third grade classroom teacher of children with special needs at The Active Learning Elementary School (PS 244Q) in Flushing, New York.” for consistency purposes.
- Meaghan Reilly’s name was misspelled beneath the title of the article. The spelling has been corrected.
- The word “and” in the phrase “coronas, salsa, mariachi, cha-cha-cha, fiestas, siestas, besos, and abrazos” was erroneously italicized. It is now written in plain text.
These changes have been reflected in the eBook/PDF version of WOW Stories: Volume VI, Issue 2.
WOW Stories, Volume VI, Issue 2 by Worlds of Words is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://wowlit.org/on-line-publications/stories/wow-stories-volume-vi-issue-2/.
WOW stories: connections from the classroom