The author tells the story of how one of the greatest boats of ancient Egypt came to be built—and built again. In the shadow of the Great Pyramid at Giza, the most skilled shipwrights in all of Egypt are building an enormous vessel that will transport Cheops, the mighty pharaoh, across the winding waterway and into a new world.
There the ships lie until they are discovered by accident in 1954, carefully unearthed, and reconstructed under the direction of the chief of the Restoration Department of Egyptian Antiquities with the help of Nile boat builders.
- ISBN: 9780547053417
- Author: Weitzman, David L.
- Illustrator: Weitzman, David L.
- Published: 2009, Houghton Mifflin Books for Children
- Themes: archaeology, boat, discovery, Pharaohs, Pyramids, Royalty
- Descriptors: Africa, Egypt, Intermediate (ages 9-14), Nonfiction, Picture Book, Young Adult (ages 14-18)
- No. of pages: 32