As a refugee from Sudan to the United States, Sangoel is frustrated that no one can pronounce his name correctly until he finds a clever way to solve the problem.
This book has been included in WOW’s Language and Learning: Children’s and Young Adult Fiction Booklist. For our current list, visit our Booklist page under Resources in the green navigation bar.
- ISBN: 9780802853073
- Authors: Mohammed, Khadra; Williams, Karen Lynn
- Illustrator: Stock, Catherine
- Published: 2009 , Eerdmans Young Readers
- Themes: clever, Communication, Courage, Immigrants, problem, Refugees
- Descriptors: Africa, Picture Book, Primary (ages 6-9), Realistic Fiction, Sudan
- No. of pages: 19